Chaired by Kay Coker, the Lexington One Community Coalition (LOCC) was created in November 2002 as a result of an underage drinking incident that occurred during the Fall. Underage drinking issues were brought to the surface along with the need and desire to collaborate with others throughout the community to seek solutions to ultimately reduce underage access to, and use of, alcohol, tobacco and other drugs in the Lexington County School District One community.
Lexington One Community Coalition’s mission is to empower each young person, family and member of our community to prevent underage use of and access to alcohol, tobacco and other drugs through collaboration, education and awareness.
The vision of the Lexington One Community Coalition is a caring community where our youth are substance free and are safe, healthy & able to reach their full potential.
- Youth (individuals 18 or under);
- Youth-serving organizations;
- Law enforcement agencies;
- Religious or fraternal organizations;
- Civic and volunteer groups;
- Healthcare professionals;
- State, local, or tribal governmental agencies with expertise in the field of substance abuse (if applicable, the State authority with primary authority for substance abuse); and
- Other organizations involved in reducing substance abuse.